ABOUT NEW HARVEST CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Located in the heart of historic downtown Oxnard, New Harvest Christian School's mission is to disciple children to know God, to make Him known, and to be confident in their unique identity in Christ, all while providing a first-rate classical education.
Offering education from K through grade 8, our students go on to some of the best high-schools and colleges in California and beyond.
Founded in 1995 as Morgan Creek Christian Academy, New Harvest Christian School is non-denominational and has families from over 15 different churches from Ventura, Oxnard, Camarillo, and Port Hueneme. Our students are from diverse backgrounds and we focus on unity through faith in Jesus Christ.
NHCS is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
To learn what makes us stand out, explore "WHY US" – and come visit us, won't you?
NHCS Statement of Faith
The following is the foundation of beliefs on which New Harvest Christian School is based. They are also the key elements of Christianity that will be taught in various ways through all grade levels. The substance of these statements is that which will be considered primary doctrine in New Harvest Christian School. Secondary doctrines and issues, over which we may disagree in Christian liberty, will not be presented as primary doctrine. When these types of doctrine or issues and related questions arise, students will be referred back to their family, their home churches, and the Bible for final resolution.
- We believe the Bible to be the only complete, inspired, and authoritative Word of God without error in the original writings.
- We believe in one omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent sovereign God, eternally self-existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God is the Creator of all things, that He created the universe out of nothing, and that His sovereignty rules over His creation, including angelic and human beings.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His death on the cross, the shedding of His blood as atonement for our sins, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that there is but one mediator between God and the human race, one Savior, Redeemer, and King, our Lord Jesus, the Christ. In Him alone we are reconciled, redeemed, and restored to God and the life He intends. We affirm that Jesus is unique and singular in nature, being, and work; the center of God’s saving work.
- We believe that all have sinned and fall short of God’s perfect standard.
- We believe that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone. We believe in faith that is evidenced by works and that faith without works is dead.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling at the moment of salvation enables the Christian to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; those who are saved to eternal life with the Lord, and those who are lost to judgment and everlasting punishment.
- We believe the Church, which is the Body of Christ, consists of all believers and exists to fulfill Christ's great commission, making disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to obey everything Christ Jesus commanded, all to the glory of God.
As a matter of firm policy, it is mandatory that all NHCS students’ families and NHCS employees subscribe to the above Statement of Faith in a manner and method prescribed by the Board of Directors, either by written statement or by oral testimony.
723 South "D" Street
View Larger Map
Oxnard, CA 93030